1. Ijams Nature Center has days of activities to join.
The hummingbird celebration has been extended over several days. See what’s going on here.
2. Watch the birds get banded.
Experts will be banding all birds, including hummingbirds. That happens on Saturday. Advance reservations required.
3. Hummingbirds weigh less than a penny.
And their eggs are about the size of Tic Tacs.
4. They can even fly backwards.
They also can stop instantly in flight and hover. An Ijams naturalist will lead observations of the birds at flowers and feeders near the Ijams Visitor Center.
5. Activities include other flying critters as well.
Learn about dragonflies, butterflies and much more! Check the schedule out here.